Wednesday, July 27

Our Job

Hello There! I look forward to sharing with you about what the Lord is teaching me, and hopefully helping your grow in your walk with the Lord too.

The body of Christ.
If you attend a church service, there is a great chance that you will hear that context being spoken about. Many times a leader n the church uses the phrase “We're all part of the body of Christ; everyone needs to do their job." But what really does being part of the body of Christ really mean? Paul talks about in 1 Corinthians 12:14-27, how each one of us is different but very important. I know that I could never do some parts of the church, because I don't feel like I have a calling for it, but some are perfect for the particular job because only their personality can reach certain people. And just because we aren't the pastor or the children’s ministry leader doesn't mean that we aren't special or we don't belong. but here is what God (speaking through Paul) says "And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body”, it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body." It goes on later to say that if the whole body were an eye what would the sense of hearing be? And if the body were an ear what would the sense of touch and feeling be? We all have a special calling in the church. We each need to step up and step out. We can't just step back and judge people for the work that they do or how they do it, when we aren’t willing to take some of our own time and do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment